The electromagnetic flow meter is an instrument for measuring the volume flow of conductive liquids, which is made based on Faraday's law of electromagnetic induction. And it has a number of advantages.
The electromagnetic flow meter has a wide range of applications, it can be used in sectors such as chemical, chemical fiber, mining and metallurgy, paper making, sugar, water supply, sewage treatment, port dredging, hydraulic machinery.
(1) The transmitter has no moving parts, which is simple and reliable. Also, there are no throttling components that impede the flow of the measured medium. Therefore, no blockage will occur.
(2) Since it has no throttling component, there is almost no pressure loss when the tested medium flows through the measuring tube of the transmitter. Only this section of the pipe has resistance along the way, so it is negligible.
(3) Electromagnetic flow meter is a volume flow measuring instrument that can measure single-phase conductive liquids and the flow of liquid and solid two-phase media. In addition, it is not affected by physical parameters such as temperature, viscosity, density, and specific gravity of the medium. Therefore, after being calibrated with water, the electromagnetic flow meter can be used to measure the flow rate of other conductive liquids or liquid and solid two-phase media.
(4) The electromagnetic flow meter has a very wide range, and the range can be changed arbitrarily. For flow meters of the orifice plate and venturi tube, the maximum rated flow is determined by the pressure difference. In the design calculation, it is selected according to the parameters of the measured medium. Once the parameters are changed during use, measurement errors will occur and it may even be unusable.
(5) The electromagnetic flow meter is sensitive without mechanical inertia. It can measure the instantaneous pulsating flow. It has good linearity and can be directly scaled. Therefore, the measurement signal can be directly converted into a standard signal output by the linear converter, which can be displayed on the spot or transmitted over a long distance.
(6) The electromagnetic flow meter has good corrosion resistance. Since the only part it it is in contact with the measured medium is the measuring pipe and the electrode surface, suitable materials can be selected according to the physical and chemical properties of the measured medium.
(7) It is easy to install. The transmitter can be installed horizontally or vertically, and the front straight pipe section is less required.
(8) It is easy to use and maintain, and it has a long service life.